Sunday, August 24, 2008

Closing Ceremonies











The Closing ceremonies were great. I was in row 15 on what would be the equivalent of the 45 yard line in a football stadium. Great seats!

Closing is a bit more relaxed than opening. There was still a very energetic sound- and light-filled spectacular featuring human acrobats, a human tower, lots of neat contraptions and all the athletes in the center of the stadium for a celebration prior to the extinguishing of the flame inside the Birds Nest stadium.

I'm moved over to the 3-star hotel which is a vast improvement over the utilitarian media village. It's almost 4am Sunday night here in Beijing as I'm typing this entry, and I'll be getting off work soon and will sleep the first night in a truly comfy bed.

We've begun the process of dismantling the office and will be completing that over the next couple of days prior to leaving Wednesday.

I'll be losing our coporate network connection as well as the DSL line that was specially installed in my apartment at the media village, so I'm not sure how frequently I'll post between now and returning home.

No comments: