Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Slow Day

Not a lot to report today.

I'm pulling the 7pm to 2am shift at the office (it's about 1:00am Beijing time as of this writing). So far, a quiet shift, though I heard the guys last night (I got off at midnight) got the dreaded "I need some help with a problem" just minutes before they were going to head out the door at 2am. Hopefully the same thing won't happen to me tonight. My work schedule is kind of all over the place the next several days:
  • Thurs: 1pm to 8pm
  • Fri: off work for a 3rd day and as a bonus, I scored evening track & field tickets
  • Sat: 6pm to 11pm
  • Sunday: 6pm to 4am (yep, you read that right)

We're slowly coming to the wire. 2 people leave Friday, 3 Saturday, 5 on Sunday, 33 on Monday, 10 on Tuesday and the remaining 7 of us on Wednesday. There are signs up that after 4am Monday morning, there are only 8 of us allowed into the office--a couple of editors and the support staff, who will begin packing the place up.

No comments: