Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's a 3-Shower Day

Got up early this morning and instinctively jumped right into the shower, planning to run out to the store near the media village to get some stuff, then head over to the indoor stadium since I had a ticket to the women's gymnastics finals before my 2pm-11pm work shift.

As soon as I headed out the door, I was sweating. By the time I shopped in a store that felt like it had no a/c at all, then lugged all the stuff back, I was drenched. Shower #2 before heading over toward the venue and the office. Couldn't possibly go through the entire day smelling like I did.

Got over to the indoor stadium and then ran up the olympic green to check for shot glasses at the store (they still didn't have them and I suspect that half-way through the games, they're not re-ordering that stuff). By the time I made it back to the office, even taking a shortcut that we found, I was sweating like crazy again. Shower #3 will be when I get back to my room around midnight, then off to beddie-bye because I have an 8:00 shift tomorrow (meaning I'll need to get up at 6 to allow time to shower, scarf down some breakfast and take the slow bus ride over to the office).

Have I mentioned that the weather really sucks over here? It's so hot and humid, my Listerine breath strips just melt into a single block in the package.

No comments: