Friday, August 8, 2008

Opening Ceremonies

So the folks who have tix to the Opening Ceremonies have left the building to head to the Birds' Nest stadium (lucky dogs). The rest of us found out this afternoon that we're able to walk around the outside areas of the Olympic Green, which have been "locked down", as long as we have a special credential sticker, so several of us ran out to get the stickers put on our credentials while they were doing them. It was at a table set up outside and it was like walking into a sauna when you went out the door. Ugh!

I'm starting to get that little bit of scratchiness and feeling of "muck" in the back of my sinuses. Hope it doesn't get any worse.

Saw a Beijing health official interviewed on one of the news channels yesterday (I can't find the video, though) who claimed that the terrible smog is just water vapor in the air. I'm sorry, but I've been in 90+ degree temperatures with a similar humidity and been able to see a few hundred yards in front of me just fine. This ain't water vapor. Check out the multi-day time lapse in this CNN video.

While I was on CNN, I found this other neat video that showed the Media Center, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City...all places I've been.

No comments: